The free plugin equalizes the signal of the SCHOEPS Parabolic Dish Set. The following application parameters influence the filter curve:
- "Microphone": Selection of the microphone type - CCM 4 (cardioid), CCM 21 (wide cardioid), CCM 22 (open cardioid) and CCM 2 (omni). The type of microphone has a large influence on both the level and the frequency response of the direct signal from the source as well as the level of the signals which come from different directions. This selection compensates for the differences in the frequency response of the parabolic dish system with the different CCM types.
- "Preset": Here you can select a preset for typical Parabolic Dish Set applications.
- "Low Cut": Activates a low-cut filter to remove low-frequency noise.
- "Wind cover": Selection of the windshield used. The windshield influences the attenuation of high frequencies.
- "Distance": Selection of the recording distance. At large distances high frequencies are boosted and lower frequencies attenuated.
- "Aim Inaccuracy": Here you set how precise you aim at the source. Since the parabolic dish is extremely directive at high frequencies, a few degrees of deviation decide on the possible degree of equalization.
- "Diffuse / Free Field": It is crucial what role the ambient sound plays in your recording. If it is very quiet at the recording location ("Pure Free field"), then the equalization filter can work very aggressively. If the diffuse signal has a high level at the recording location ("Pure Diffuse Field"), the equalization filter has to be weaker because otherwise it will distort the diffuse signal in an unnatural way.
Please let us know feature requests via our contact form!