Plug-and-Play setup for Surround Ambience Recording ORTF Surround Outdoor Set
- outdoor plug and play solution for Surround Ambience
- optimal imaging characteristics like those of the “IRT Cross”: good 360° imaging with a pleasant, natural-sounding spatial impression
- uses four SCHOEPS CCM 41 L supercardioids (included)
- applications: sporting events, film sound, etc.
- optionally available with internal heating
The “ORTF Surround” recording method is a new system for the pickup of surround ambience. This microphone arrangement and its sonic characteristics are quite similar to those of the well-known “IRT Cross“ designed by Günther Theile. Both the 360° imaging and the spatial impression are of optimal quality. This is achieved with a high degree of signal separation among channels, based both on arrival-time differences and level differences.