Plug-and-Play setup for Surround Ambience Recording ORTF Surround Outdoor Set
The ORTF Surround arrangement has been designed to be mounted conveniently in a single elastic suspension and to share a single windscreen.
It differs from the IRT Cross arrangement in being rectangular rather than square. Its pickup regions are correctly apportioned through careful choice of the angles and distances among the microphones.
The WSC ORTF Surround is part of the ORTF Surround Set. This is a “plug and play” solution for surround ambience. It comprises:
- four CCM 41 L compact microphones
- a windscreen WSC ORTF Surround H
- a fur (fur-like covering) for additional wind protection
- a 20-meter, four-way Binder multi-core cable K Surround 20 M
- a splitter cable AK Surround H M/4U (with heating)